Introduce yourself - Everyone's doing it!

General Chatter. Open Board.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Introduce yourself - Everyone's doing it!

Postby wunderworks » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:54 am

Mortimer_Phist wrote:Hello, I'm Aleksey. I live in Russia, in Ural region.

Houses of Blooded for me is a game that somehow joins almost all elements that I wanted to see in an RPG of my dream: roleplaying the nobles with cooperative narration, simlpe but fine and elaborate rules and the feeling of beauty and tragedy. I haven't yet played it for I have to translate and explain some important questions to my gamers. But I hope we'll begin soon.

Welcome! Sorry for the long delay! RL caught up with me recently. But Welcome all the same! I see you've already found liberal use of our forums. :) I've toyed with running a Houses campaign set in a Boyar themed game. Good luck with your campaign! :D
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Mordaith » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Hello and Welcome from East Coast Canada!

I spied Houses of the Blooded while on shift at the local gaming/comic shop here and thought it sounded up my alley. Now my friends and I are getting ready to run this as our next long term campaign. Pretty excited, also snagged Cornets and Wilderness. Expect many noobish questions and strange examples.
Mordaith

Postby Bards-Tale » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:44 am

Mordaith wrote:Hello and Welcome from East Coast Canada!

I spied Houses of the Blooded while on shift at the local gaming/comic shop here and thought it sounded up my alley. Now my friends and I are getting ready to run this as our next long term campaign. Pretty excited, also snagged Cornets and Wilderness. Expect many noobish questions and strange examples.

Welcome Mordaith! Don't worry about questions, that is what this is all here for. I will warn you though that these days the forums can be a little slow but we got a great group and people are usually happy to answer questions :D
"Some men see things that are that ask 'why'. I see things that never were and ask 'why not'?"
Bards-Tale

Postby Velocirapture » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:58 am

Howdy. I'm not sure how active these forums still are, but I've been a long time fan of HotB and I just discovered that they existed (these forums that is) and I figured I should join up.

Although I've loved this setting/system for years I haven't had a chance to get a game running in my area (kids & jobs really put a squeeze on free time). I'm hoping to fix that in the next few weeks and get a game up and puttering along among my core gaming group. With that said, I'm definitely open to advice and suggestions. I've read most of the threads discussing campaign advice, but I won't say "no" to more feedback.

I'm also open to play by post and play by email games if anyone is looking for another player.
Murum aries attigit, Carthago delenda est.

Nihil admittis. Negare omnia. Fac contraria appellis.

Always interested in a PBP or PBEM game.
Velocirapture

Postby Bards-Tale » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:16 am

Velocirapture wrote:Howdy. I'm not sure how active these forums still are, but I've been a long time fan of HotB and I just discovered that they existed (these forums that is) and I figured I should join up.

Although I've loved this setting/system for years I haven't had a chance to get a game running in my area (kids & jobs really put a squeeze on free time). I'm hoping to fix that in the next few weeks and get a game up and puttering along among my core gaming group. With that said, I'm definitely open to advice and suggestions. I've read most of the threads discussing campaign advice, but I won't say "no" to more feedback.

I'm also open to play by post and play by email games if anyone is looking for another player.

Hi Velocirapture!
Yeah, the forums are not AS active as they once were, but we are trying to get them utilized more again :D Just make sure to check in and and post and never double think asking questions, we have some amazing Experts on here!
"Some men see things that are that ask 'why'. I see things that never were and ask 'why not'?"
Bards-Tale

Postby PandaDad » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:18 am

Heartiest greetings to the Reptilian of Extraordinary Celerity!

I know the pain about Spouse-3 and Heir-1 getting in the way of actually setting up a game (my tabletop group keeps resisting for the best of practical reasons, but as Lo Pan would say we all keep trying, like fools!).

I believe there's a link to a forum game headed by our Solange hereabouts (which will hopefully be open).

And a forum or play-by-mail would be a great deal of fun! I have a particular Blooded of the Bear that I'm dying to put through his paces...
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Postby PandaDad » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:53 am

Colonel Rippe wrote:If I'm starting some new people into it, I'd probably lean towards Arabian Nights/Oriental style images, with the 'ocean' being a more metaphorical ocean of sand. Bears descending tall, forbidding mountains in pursuit of the vengeful Falcon who killed their Ohlrex, while Foxes lay in perfumed lounges, unable to smell the sickly sweet poison painted onto their sweetmeats, and Elks approaching Solace look gravely over the bowed backs of a thousand thousand clay Veth. And the Wolves and Serpents? Well, they're probably scheming not too far away...

However, once I get a good group together, I'd be interested in modifying the rules to make an attempt at a mix of Film Noir and Urban Fantasy. Powerful families hiring witch doctors and occultists to help them better their standings, while unknown monstrosities stalk the streets at night. Probably have to modify up the holdings a bit, but I think it could work well.

By the suaven, I think this one's got it...Urban Fantasy Noir HotB would be incredibly cool.

(tosses three style and a bamboo biscotti at the Colonel)

I like the Arabian Nights / Turkish take. Maybe a stronger touch of Persia and the Asian subcontinent? All those squabbling rajas in India would fit in pretty well. Another source is medieval Africa: monstrous beasts, ancient ruins, and courtly splendor!

My own interpretation is leaning heavily toward the ancient Greek model at the moment, but that's been done to death elsewhere so I'm trying to make sure I broaden my horizons a bit.

EDIT: tosses, not tossed. Bother. I can too type, even on an undercaffeinated Friday.
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Postby ma_rukh » Thu May 30, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi, I'm Marco, from Italy, RPG player since over 20 years even though the last time I played was quite some time ago.
I never stopped though keeping my eyes open for interesting settings and/or rules, it is so that I discovered hot blooded and fell instantly in love with it, completely and irremediably. Quite desperately too since I don't have anyone to play with.
Ground for a romance there... Don't you think?
Buon vento e salva notte
ma_rukh

Postby Bards-Tale » Thu May 30, 2013 10:14 pm

ma_rukh wrote:Hi, I'm Marco, from Italy, RPG player since over 20 years even though the last time I played was quite some time ago.
I never stopped though keeping my eyes open for interesting settings and/or rules, it is so that I discovered hot blooded and fell instantly in love with it, completely and irremediably. Quite desperately too since I don't have anyone to play with.

Hi Marco! Welcome to the forums :)
Bards-Tale

Postby ma_rukh » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:41 am

Bards-Tale wrote:
ma_rukh wrote:Hi, I'm Marco, from Italy, RPG player since over 20 years even though the last time I played was quite some time ago.

Hi Marco! Welcome to the forums :)

I do thank you Lady Charlotte, vous êtes très gentille.

By the way I see everyone is presenting their take on the Blooded, each more wonderful and interesting than the last; I am asking myself whether my 18th century view isn't dull in comparison... :?
Buon vento e salva notte
ma_rukh

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character