On the shores of Lake Manala

Post in-character scenes for Live Action Houses of the Blooded here.

Moderator: Snag

On the shores of Lake Manala

Postby Baron Sendar » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:09 pm

Malik grumbled as he slogged through the mud, finally stopping and leaning against a tree as he looked back at Lorr, his eyes gleaming behind the mask that even now he still wore. The mask was a blessing, and would be even more so in the days to come, he had a strange feeling. He couldn't explain it, but something told him things were about to get a lot more violent.

"So. I hear you accepted the position of Mouthpiece of the Council of Fools, Lorr, even though I warned you what I would do should such a thing take place." He stretched his hand out toward the sky, the sun catching on the white filaments that traced over the attached arm, the sign of impending Solace, that he could even now feel approaching. "Give me one good reason why I should not strike you down here, and leave you to bleed out upon the dirt? And it had better be more than 'because the Senate will come after you', as I care little for the decisions of the Senate, nor do I fear them. There are places in the wilds that I can remain hidden for a long time, and they'd never know I was there."
Baron Sendar

Re: On the shores of Lake Manala

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Lorr, a bit out of breath, smiled as best as he could manage. "You make... too many assumptions, Malik."
Lorr held his hand up suggesting he was gathering his breath for a moment. Then Lorr sat and gestured toward the fires on the horizon.
"Even now, the Senate has proven it is our enemy. It proves to be a greater Enemy than the Winters of Shanri's Wrath... You see my actions and assume that I wish to become the puppet or the hand of the Senate, but all I wanted was access to certain information."

Lorr clutches his cane for a moment and offers, "I will tell you everything I know, if you will let me live. You are right to think you can hide from the Senate, and even now, the House Falcon is retiring from Shanri's worldly affairs, and I am to follow them as well. I have not the ambitions of my youth, Malik. I simply want to bring down this Great Enemy that lies in the wake of the Empress. This Senate has not rescinded the powers the Empress once held, and bringing down the power players in this whole situation is my ultimate goal. If you kill me, you might as well work for these traitors, traitors to all of us Blooded!"
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Baron Sendar » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:17 pm

Malik grunted, lifting the mask away, allowing it to hang by the sash he had since affixed to it around his neck. His face was a network of scars and pockmarks. "Your gift did this to me, by the way, Lorr. This is what I was forced to endure to remove it, to be able to remove and don it at will. Did you know it would do this?"

He crossed his arms in front of his chest. "The Falcon are brave, if a bit foolish. They'd best be leaving Shanri entirely, or the Senate will not stand for this. Granted, they may well soon have their hands full - one can only hope - with the armies of the Bear and the Wolf, so they may not have time to chase down the Falcon for what you say they've done."

He stared up at the sky for a moment, and then nodded. "I'm willing to call of the vendetta I voiced against you for giving me this mask," he said, one hand coming up to touch the mask. "Given the state of things in Shanri, dissension amongst us is not something we have time for."
Baron Sendar

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:05 pm

Lorr shook his head, "I'm sorry if the mask made your life painful to live. It was a simple gift and was supposed to turn to dust when you left the tower. I know you hold me responsible and to be honest with you, I cannot fault you for it. I am responsible. Even if it was not my intent, I should have seen the betrayal Senechyl wrought and wove throughout our little project. Senechyl is gone and cannot be punished by any means that you know, so if you feel the need to punish me further, you can resume your vendetta once we have settled this matter with the Senate. But when you do find yourself with the time and inclination to make me pay for YOUR suffering, bear in mind that I was literally torn to pieces. I didn't die, and it is possible that I cannot truly die. I was aware of every bit of flesh, every pound separated and unable to do anything. Without my sister sewing me back together for over a year of agonizing pain, I would not be sitting here with you."

Lorr chuckles and asks, "Are you prepared to ally yourself with me and deal with the traitors once and for all?"
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Baron Sendar » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:45 pm

A grim smile spread over Malik's face as he swiped at the newest wound on his body, a ragged red streak across his lower jaw. "I know about needing to be stitched back together, though not to the extent you bear. And while I may have felt anger and betrayal when I first realized it would not come off, as I said, I have since gotten it removed, and I FELT the Wrath the Suaven dropped on you for your part in the near destruction of Shanri."

He shook his head, and ran a hand over his face for a moment. "I am willing to hold all debts filled at this point, having seen the state you find yourself in, Lorr. As for dealing with the Senate... They have chosen to have a heavy hand with us, and betray those of us that put them in their positions. Let us show them why it is not wise to rile those that gave you your power to Revenge and Hatred." He turned, extending one gauzy white covered hand to Lorr. "And let us do it quickly, before rest claims me."
Baron Sendar

Return to Blood & Tears - In Character