Pages from Suseri Mrww

Post in-character scenes for Live Action Houses of the Blooded here.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Pages from Suseri Mrww

Postby Bards-Tale » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:22 pm

(( Several pages are now torn and missing, a few leave scrap trails with only bits of words most in Sorcerer's code... one page still remains before the journal continues. It appears that words were attempted to be written, but all were smeared or scratched out. Water stains tell were tears fell on the pages. Only at the end of the page can anything be found as ledgable...))
...Never Again...
"Some men see things that are that ask 'why'. I see things that never were and ask 'why not'?"
Bards-Tale

Postby Bards-Tale » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:39 am

Evening after Althua for the Summer of Year 4

Finally, I am able to think clearly! Finally I am able to write again! Finally I have appeased ‘Her’.
I will never again fail my Grandmother. It was like a dagger was in my head and I could not pull it out. The pain, the pain was unbearable. But not just the physical pain, no it was much more than that. The embarrassment, the attention from my failure, I tried to put on a brave face but those around me saw right through it. And I lied… To hide face, I lied. Visions, those are what Yaseri sent to me in her Wraith, visions. Visions I did not understand, but I did not need to. I would go into a trance and see the visions as they were in front of me, and of course the party goers noticed. They asked me if I was ok, if I was feeling well. I said I was fine and I had no idea what they were talking about. I lied… I remembered every moment, every image, everything. It is hard to even describe the horrors I saw. What is worse is I don’t know what they are. I know they are connected to my family. I know that there are Falcons doing unspeakable crimes and the Senate is doing nothing about it. But I do not know if these are past, present, or future. So much blood, so much torture, so much Murder… and the Senate did nothing…
But I should forget about all of that and wipe away my embarrassment. I succeeded tonight! I brought Ashveil to Yaseri! Correction, I brought Lorr from the House of the Fox to Yaseri. The moment he put on the necklace, the moment he wore her shattered mirror and pledged devotion, the dagger was removed and I could see clearly again. Some would say ‘Her’ punishment was too harsh, but it was my own fault for failing and I understand. I deserved everything ‘She’ gave to me. I failed… I learned never to fail again… But ‘She’ is now happy, and Lorr is now studying under me, and I under him at times. It is an interesting relationship… I still think he should have been a Serpent, but he is spontaneous and unpredictable and playful. He is like a young pup playing in the grass during a warm day… maybe he is a Fox after all. He has so much potential, I can see why Yaseri would desire him so much. We will mold him, we will teach him, and we will bring him to his full potential. I have already started adding a room to my castle for him for when he visits. So many people are staying at Yvaila Avala now. As a child I had no one to keep me company, the halls where empty and cold. Now I can barely find time for myself. Between visitors and my new apprentice, I am never alone, for the good and bad of it… Veth are fixing the walls where needed repair, halls and rooms are being built, furniture brought in… it is like a whole new castle… and ‘She’ approves.
Much more happened at the Althua then just collecting Lorr… I found out a Truth I did not know… a Truth about my husband, Ardon… A Truth about my enemy, Alban…
The Truth was they were one in the same. Yaseri knew this; this is why she had me lay with Alban all those season ago. This is why she agreed to have me marry Ardon a few seasons ago. She knew, but it was not my time to know… not until tonight…
And then, in wonderful relief, I put the last of my problems to rest! I thought it felt amazing when I defeated that Ruk while in the thralls of Yaseri’s Wraith, but I was wrong. It was a much greater feeling destroying Alban Y’varai. I had a Favor from Alban, and I used it! The Rake insulted me, he exposed my family’s Secrete that I cannot touch a Blood Sword willingly, he threatened me with his own Sword, he reminded the world of what I had to do with him… so I destroyed him… I had Alban give me his mask and I released my husband from his grasp. I shattered the Mask of Alban. And then I saw Ardon… he lay on the ground in pain as if his own face had been torn off… I felt guilty. I have not felt guilt for a fellow Ven since I sent Sa’lee out to fetch me the flower without a warning of the thorns, but this guilt was deeper. Ardon tried to grab his sword… no, he tried to grab Alban’s sword, and he couldn’t. Guilt… and sympathy… he lay there in pain. My husband, my idiot fool of an arrogant Fox of a husband; He laid there in pain, and I could let him suffer. I took him here, to Yvaila Avala. He is in my bed right now… our bed… I am sleeping in the chair in the room making sure he is ok. I have never seen anyone like this. He won’t sleep for days and then will not wake up for the same time; he will sweat as if hot but will be cold; he will be hungry but not eat. I have brought in my Apothecary to help, but she can do nothing, so I sit by his bed… and help where I can… each day he does a little better… and now that Alban is gone from him, I am starting to realize… maybe I over judged him… maybe he is not quite as bad of husband as I thought his was… maybe I(*the last few lines are smudged out beyond legibility*)
"Some men see things that are that ask 'why'. I see things that never were and ask 'why not'?"
Bards-Tale

Postby Bards-Tale » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:07 am

Evening after Fall Celebration year 4

What a WONDRFUL Althua! I cannot remember a time that everything went so much to my advantage! 3 new members to the contract, new allies, new knowledge, and the best part… not a single enemy in sight… All my enemies are gone, I destroyed them all, and now my power grows!
That Ruk, the filth of a creation of Shanri, in his defeat I gained so much! Because of his defeat I now hold knowledge that very few Ven do. Even though I cannot perform the spell, I know the Talashan spell for “Disease”, a horrible creation that now that I know how to do it I had no use to hold it… and I have the power to put someone into Solace…
‘She’ was very happy when I did this. There is something I will be learning soon, I don’t know it all but I feel a pulling in my heart. I am going to be traveling soon. Thanks to an agreement with Senecyl I have copies from pages of a book. I cannot read them. They are written in the tongue of the Falcon. Again with the Falcons. The visions I had where all Falcons and now these pages. ‘She’ is skeptical to send me out to study these pages, but I need to. There is a secret in there, I secret about ‘Her’, and secret about the Thornes, a secret that needs the Truth to find out. I am bringing my personal guard for protection. I will not be long, but it feels odd leaving. It feels odd leaving Yvaila Avala. It feels weird to leave my husband… He is still sick and did not attend the Althua because of this… I need to make sure to have someone at my castle before I leave to tend to him.
I think I have made up for my failure earlier this year. Not only do I now hold the only vial of the Poison of Winter I also hold the knowledge on how to make it. Not only do I know how to make it, Yaseri now will have a new Shrine, her fifth Shrine. Not only does Yaseri have a new Shrine, but she now has a New Temple! I have given her Lorr, I have new knowledge, and I have given her glory. I am proud of myself tonight! This is how every Althua should be. I feel my power growing and it is intoxicating. The stronger I get the Stronger ‘She’ gets. I know I will be rewarded for my good service. ‘She’ told me in a dream on the way home that I have been one of her ‘Best Daughters’.
What a wonderful Althua it was!
As I said Ardon is still sick, but he is starting to do better… a little bit each day. Sometimes I bring books to the room in the evening and read to him by firelight, though we seem to have a difference of opinion on what literature is entertaining. There is a gentleness too him. There is warmth in his eyes. When he looks at me I do not think he sees the white of Solace on my head. It is odd; the time he has been here… my skin no longer crawls at the thought of being close… He touched my hand tonight. He touched the hand that the Ruk scarred so deeply. He touched it and did not seem to mind the glove that hid it. And it was odd, for my own hand did not jolt away at his touch…
Bards-Tale

Postby Bards-Tale » Sun May 15, 2011 11:57 am

As Fall of Year 4 turned to Winter

I do not consider myself an overly brave person, but Courage is not my weakness. I ventured forth on the horse I took from Alban Yvarai and a Roadman of mine to the capital city. I knew I had to find somewhere that I could learn more about the Falcon’s and their hidden tongue. I needed to find a way to translate, not just for me but Senecyl as well… we had a deal and I intend on making good on it. I knew if I told anyone about this quest that they would try to stop me… but I am sound in my Wisdom and know I can take care of myself.
On arriving at the capital I found a temple. It was to a Suaven that I was unfamiliar with…. No, that is not fully true… I knew her. Something deep inside of me knew her and knew her name, but I couldn’t remember from where. Ashthuura Thorne from the House of the Falcon. The temple boasted stories about Explorations and Findings and the like. They gathered these things and tucked them away… foolish Falcons…
I must have looked like a fool myself though when I stood at its doors. I don’t know why but I felt as if something was holding me back from going in. ‘Her’ voice was quieter there too, in fact at times I couldn’t even hear it, but other things distracted me from noticing. It was my Roadman who commented to me to make me realize I had just been standing there and not moving in.
They welcomed me enough, though I would not call it a refined hospitality. They let me look through their library when I told them I was a Scholar. There were two things that distracted me though as I read. One was a man. He was tall with weathered skin from his travels. His hair had started to show traces of white as his Winter began to approach. His eyes were piercing blue and shot into me like a dart when I caught them. I did not catch his name. He was pleasant enough to me. But he followed me where ever I went, never letting me out of his sight unless one of the other Q’val requested him. Falcons really are an odd blood. But even with his constant supervision he was not the most distracting thing. What kept me from my task the most was a child. Not a child playing in the garden or asking questions or wanting to sit with me or anything like that. It was a voice… a small voice… the smallest of voices I had ever heard singing to me. The song he sang I already knew. It was the song in Fashell’s journal. What did my long left servant know that I do not? What is being kept from me that he was privileged to know? It only pushed me forward.
I managed to gather enough knowledge to make a cipher for the Falcon’s code. This I will use to translate so many hidden things and also complete my end of the deal with Senecyl. I would have left at that moment. I would have been gone and headed back home to the next Althua at dear Amavail’s Castle… till I saw the alter. The alter to Ashthuura Thorne, the Falcon. There were relics of hers I can assume of all shapes and orders, but the one in the middle was not hers. It was ‘Her’s!!!!! Upon the alter lay the Spellbook of Yaseri!!!!!! I could not leave it. I would have been a failure and a fool if I had left it… So I took it…
Bards-Tale

Postby Bards-Tale » Sun May 15, 2011 12:05 pm

Winter of Year 4
I thought I hated Winter before but I could never be more wrong. I despise it now and all it stands for! But I have to keep on moving. I know he is close behind me. I wasn’t as crafty as I thought I was in my taking of the Spellbook, though I was Wise enough to send it with my Roadman to go back to Yavaila Avala instead of keeping it on my person. The man who would not let me be back at the temple has been following me. My wits and Wisdom have kept me safe and will continue to do so. I sent the journal home with two letters, one for my Husband Ardon and one for Lorr. I know they will be wondering what happened to me and I need them to do things for me while I am away. I hope to return home soon if I can shake this pesty Q’val.
The snow is cold and clings to my dress. My hands are numb and my Blood runs like ice. I am tired and hungry, but proud. I am far enough from the man to be able to make camp for the night and even a fire if I can manage one up. The rest will be well welcomed.
Bards-Tale

Postby Bards-Tale » Sun May 15, 2011 12:23 pm

As Winter turned to Spring and Started Year 5
… I may have over stepped my skills…
Currently, I sit in a stone tower… at the Temple of Ashthuura Thorne… The man caught up to me when I slept. I was so tired I did not hear him coming. He gagged me bound my hands and took me back to here. He said they were going to decide what to do with me. I think they may have decided to just let me starve to death as I have not eaten in days.
But there is some things that have developed from this time alone. I have had a lot of time to myself and there for a lot of time to translate and learn new spells. He did not take anything off me, I think they are waiting for me to die to do that. But with that they left me my journal that I now write in, my cards though they do not seem to be able to do much here, the cipher I had made before, the pages I need to work on for Senecyl, 2 books for work, and the notes I brought with me from Yavaila Avala to translate… it are these notes that are the most interesting… the most revealing… the most worthy of being something to kill for.
I started to translate the story in Fashell’s journal. At first I didn’t realize what was being said but as I put the pieces that were hidden together with the notes that the cipher revealed I learned a Truth that will rock the Courts of the Houses. I learned what happened with my Grandmother in her youth and why she had to go into hiding. I learned why this Temple is connected to my family and the horrible and wonderful secret of their Suaven. And I learned the most important thing of all…
(in Serpent’s code) I learned my name is Not Suseri Mrww… All the contracts I signed as that name are false and void… I did not know this when I signed them, but I do now… ‘She’ used Mrww as a cover to hide us, but it is not our name and this is a great power I now have…
I learned that my real name is Suseri Ithryll… daughter of Zhetia Ithryll, descendent of Yaseri Ithryll…
The family of Ithryll will no longer be forgotten….
Bards-Tale

Postby Bards-Tale » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:17 pm

Spring Althua of year 5

It has been quite some time that I have been able to write. It has been quite some time that I have been able to do anything... I thought I was going to die, up in the Falcon's stone tower, starving, alone. Each day seemed like an eternity. It came to the point I couldn't even work anymore. For the first time in my life I did not have the Strength to do my research, let alone anything else.
I thought I was going to die
I was going to die
and then....
He came.
Ardon. Ardon came for me. He rode to the tower on the brilliant Ilderim that I had taken before. He fought his way through the temple, through the Q'val, and came to the tower for me. In all honesty I don't remember too much of it. I remembered him picking me off from the stone ground. I remembered only a few season ago when it was Alban that had done this and the horror that came from this. But the man in front of me was no longer taken by Alban. It was Ardon, and only Ardon who stood before me. The road home was a blur, but never had Availa Yavala looked so welcoming when he took me inside. So much had been done to my castle I almost didn't recognize it. No longer were the hall ways open to the skys. No longer did stone lay on the ground in front of my feet from where it had fallen. It was starting to look like a proper castle.
For days I did nothing but stayed in bed. Veth brought me food and helped me build my strength. Ardon could not stay with me though... he had to leave to take care of the Halls of Passion, which were being reformed, re-identified, remade into something new... something actually beautiful instead of the disgrace it was....
So, as soon as I was strong enough, I went to the next Althua. It had been far to long since I had been to one and I didn't want others to talk... the Courts do talk... the last thing I needed was to have talk of "Suseri Mwrr being weak"....Mwrrr... the secrete makes me joyous. It is not the time to reveal that though to the others. It is a precious place that I find myself, full control without anyone knowing... after all, Silence is not a Lie.
So, I went to the Althua, hosted by non other then my Cousin Senecyl. What a prime opportunity to return. And what a fine Serpent Althua it was! Wine tasting (though some did not possess the Wisdom to know when to stop), beautiful halls, a fine Althua indeed...
And a profitable one.
Poor Messol Burghe... he is so cross with me right now... and for no good reason either... Bears, so unpredictable at times. They take things so personally too... I merely found a moment of advantage. A small moment of weakness on his end, and I did what any other Wise Ven would do... I took full advantage of it. You see, Messol had been Poisoned by Hemlock. I can only assume that it was an accident on my cousin's part that he found that glass, as did his new Vessal. So I took the opportunity to get some needed work done. You see, I had found out that Count Burghe knew the spell Orichalcum. He was the only one that I knew of that knew this rare spell... which meant I had to know it as well. So, I convinced my cousin to get a favor from Messol in return for sparing his life and giving him the antidote. I told Senecyl that if he gave me Messol's favor I would in turn teach him the spell I was going to learn. So... he did... I held Messol's favor. No sooner did I have it in my control then did I turn it into him to learn the spell.... he was very very cross with me... still is I think... I tried to show a bit of good sport and reassurance but it did not seem to full work. In time he will no longer be mad at me... in time... I believe...
Bards-Tale

Postby Bards-Tale » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:46 pm

Before the Summer Althua

Ardon has been gone for quite some time. I find myself lonely at this fact...
It is so odd, I have been alone most of my life save for the servants and my Grandmother... and yet now I find I miss him...
It was very brave of him to travel to the capital like that and save me. Foolish and brash and without reason as usual, but brave none the less. Though I am I starting to believe he is not the only fool between the two of us... I am finding I am just as much of a fool.
I know that because of my family's curse he will die, and probably soon. There was a time that this day could not come sooner for me but now I find I am dreading it. I don't want him to leave me. I do not want another husband. I do not want to be alone again. Would it be so much to ask 'Her' to lift the curse just one time? I have given her so much and have asked for nothing in return. Would it be so much to spare his life?
What a fool I am to even desire such a thing. What is Ardon to me anyways... just a husband that got me to Countess. A proper Ven husband that is no more to me then another step to my goals....
then why can I not stop thinking about him...
what a fool I really am...
and yet even just writing about him I feel my heart skip a beat. Remembering all those months I took care of him while he recovered from the effects of Alban's Mask. Remembering how he saved my life from the tower... How easy would it had been for either one of us to let the other die just to keep the power for ourselves...
I really am a fool...
... But I am still a proper Blooded Noble. I do own him a "Thank You" for what he did for me... it would not be right other wise. I will go to my Grandmother tonight. I will plead to 'Her' to spare Ardon's life and let me keep him. And then, if her answer is favorable I will go to the Halls of Passion to be with my husband... for nothing else but to say Thank You of course...
Bards-Tale

Postby Bards-Tale » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:04 pm

After Summer Althua

'She' did not give me a direct answer... but I think 'Her' answer was in my favor... she has blessed me and Ardon, though he does not know this...
I left him at the Halls of Passion. It was still not safe for me to stay in one place, but I think the threat of the Falcon's has finally left me.
The nerve of those Q'val, coming to an Althua of all things to cause trouble. But I got them... I got them in the end...
There was one truth though I did not intend to find. The man who had captured me. The man who had tortured me and locked me in the tower to die of starvation... this man was apparently my father.
I had never known his face as he had left me and my mother before I was born. His eyes though... they were my own eyes staring back at me... it was the one thing I did not carry from my mother. But even though he may have 'made' me he is only a father by title. Even tonight he tried to kill me again. He follows the Suaven of Exploration, a Son of Thorne. I follow the Suaven of Truth, a Daughter of Yaseri. We are enemies. We will always be enemies. As our Suaven are enemies till the end.
But I knew his Suaven's secret. I knew she is no ordinary Sleeping Ven. Yaseri, mighty and powerful that she is, tricked her and twisted her as she fell into Solace. You see, Yaseri made her enemy pregnant ... and thus made a Sleeping Child inside of her. Another Suaven, never born, never a chance to live, taking away part of his mother's power. He bares the same name my family does.... Ithryll.
My father believed he would take my life that night, his hands closed around my throat, but in the end he was too weak to do the deed. I exposed his Suaven's secret... I exposed my own as well... and in this he let me go and fled.
What may have been Ashurra Thorne's curse was my blessing.
My Grandmother answered my prayers to her.
She is going to spare Ardon's life!
I am sure of this. I have to be right on this...
For you see... I now bare Ardon's child... a child I was not suppose to have until after my forth husband. The curse has been lifed and I will have a daughter of my own!
....I will just need to tell Ardon of this later though...
Bards-Tale

Postby Bards-Tale » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Before the next Althua

I have has my child. I do not think I wish to go through that experience again. It is moments like this that I still miss Fashell... he would have taken far better care then the incompetent servants I have now. I don't think a single one of them has even ever seen a baby. But I got through it and all is well...
... Though it is not the daughter I was expecting...
I have a son... for the first time in our family line there is a son and not a daughter...
I do not know what this means, 'She' will not answer me directly on it...
But he is mine, and he is precious to me. I will raise him as it is proper, to follow Yaseri, her Grandmother. To be a Serpent, and a powerful Sorcerer. To be Noble, and all that is Ven.
I have named him... I have whispered to him his secret name as it is my right as a mother... just as my mother did for me, and her mother for her, and so on. I have him the same secret name all of those in my line have had. He will remember it and carry it well...
I gave him another name as well, one that both his allies and enemies will know him by. I have named him Aston.
Oh my child, there are so many things in this world I will show to you. I will give you all that is of me. You carry my blood and my power. You will make your house strong and proud. There will not be a Noble among you who will not both envy you and fear you as they should. I will give you all that I am and make you all that you will be.
...Now to find the right way to tell your Father that he is a father...
Bards-Tale

PreviousNext

Return to Blood & Tears - In Character