Pages from Suseri Mrww

Post in-character scenes for Live Action Houses of the Blooded here.

Moderator: Snag

Pages from Suseri Mrww

Postby Bards-Tale » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:32 pm

((So much has been so inspiring with so many people that it only feels fitting to put up some In-Character thoughts about all that is going on...from Suseri's point of view XD ))

5th Evening after the Autumn Althua

Elks... how is it I am ALWAYS involved with Elks... Treston, my first husband, Elk. My father, Fyxall, where ever he may be, an Elk. Aban Steele, Elk. Lady Calista, even she who is dearest to me... an Elk... and now Sa'lee Steele has come to me, he too is an Elk.
If my mother saw, if my mother Knew. I had to show off in front of him. I had to brake the seal in front of him. I couldn't wait till he went to town or even turned his back. My Pride... my curse is my Pride. But 'She' always has told me to be proud of my Blood, of my Power. “Hide nothing in these walls” 'She' tells me at night. The things 'She' tells me. It is like a drug, a poison, and yet the most beautiful gift I could ever think of... but I had to show off...
How foolish was I to brandish my Blood and ability, if I wasn't more careful, though I don't know if this Elk would even know what to do with my Blood if he got hold of it... but maybe. He should have been a Serpent. The way he talks, it is refreshing, though I will not let him lower my guard. Always on guard, always watchful, always careful... and yet I HAD to show off!
This book he brought, Zhatem's book, it holds more then I have told him, this book in all of it's seals and secrets can carry me probably to my Winter days. And the missing pieces... I bet they talk about other secrets, 'Her' secrets... the ones she tells me I have to discover to keep me pushing, keep me sharp. My Wisdom is my Sword. Give up your fangs for the sacrifice is greater then you know... every night these words are repeated in my head. They were my lullaby as a child. I can remember hearing 'Her' voice before my own mother's. The things 'She' tells me. Even now as I write 'She' reminds me of what I should do. 'She' told me last night about her and Zhatem a little... how they were in Spring when they first met. How her father was sitting on the Senate at the time. How back then a Serpent could still use the gifts a Serpent had with out fear of death. He was a handsome man, and 'She' of course was beautiful. But 'She' also reminded me about love. Love is a lie, love does not exist. It feels like a warm dart the hits your chest but releases it's poison sooner then you would ever think. Treacherous poison. Love will betray you, and leave you. 'Her' Lover has gone to Solace... Zhatem, Talan, what ever name he goes by. But 'She' wants me to help find him. 'She' has her reasons.
I do think I will tell Sa'lee about a plant I read about on the third island tomorrow. I am still translating the name but I believe it says “Shaetel've”, The Gold Star. It is a flower, from what I understand, that's petals are like a lily's and shine like the metal of it's name. But it is the nectar that you want. I have not figured out the recipe yet but I know that this nectar can be used to make a tonic that will bring someone to Vrentae, for better or worse. That is what I know so far about it, and that is what I will tell him tomorrow... I will save that the thorns of this plant also hold a toxin for now. Always be on your guard, always be careful, when you have finished the book he will have no need of you...
"Some men see things that are that ask 'why'. I see things that never were and ask 'why not'?"
Bards-Tale

Re: Pages from Suseri Mrww

Postby alexanderthesoso » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:12 pm

((did you just give me a love potion flower! i was totally crafting a scene for after next game using a love potion. It has no effect on him, and thats when he knows hes in serious trouble. also, this sets up a scene i was just discussing with Ben. WOOT! this is falling together famously. When this is done, we totally need to make a web novel out of random chapters of journals and pillowbooks, switching pov. Think John will let us publish as long as we give him a cut? also... I get the feeling that its going to be unrequited only because neither will admit it to each other. BWAHHAHAHAAHA. Ohh, wait, I'm being a sadist towards my characters again. ))
alexanderthesoso

Postby Peregrine » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:05 am

((I will offer style to you say that Senecyl knows how to use all part of the Shaetel've, and style to Ben that Calaban Ru knows as well.))
"The Senate took my lands, my titles, my Name... They will bury this and forget me. But I will live long enough to remind them of what should not be forgotten." - Iyl, the Aged Stranger
Peregrine

Postby Bards-Tale » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:02 pm

Peregrine wrote:((I will offer style to you say that Senecyl knows how to use all part of the Shaetel've, and style to Ben that Calaban Ru knows as well.))

((Ihmmmm, well this is suppose to be knowledge that just got discovered after being lost for decades, if not centuries... Suseri hasn't even fully translated it yet, let alone anyone else in the world to know it... I would accept a style to say that Senecyl knows of the potion and is looking for the recipe and has part of it, same with Calaban Ru... maybe they know how to make the potion but do not know the ingredients and the likes...but if there is a potion you would like to be found in the book let me know and I will have Suseri "find" it and make it that Senecyl knows of it...what kind of potion do you need to do what????))
"Some men see things that are that ask 'why'. I see things that never were and ask 'why not'?"
Bards-Tale

Postby Bards-Tale » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:34 pm

alexanderthesoso wrote:((did you just give me a love potion flower! i was totally crafting a scene for after next game using a love potion. It has no effect on him, and thats when he knows hes in serious trouble. also, this sets up a scene i was just discussing with Ben. WOOT! this is falling together famously. When this is done, we totally need to make a web novel out of random chapters of journals and pillowbooks, switching pov. Think John will let us publish as long as we give him a cut? also... I get the feeling that its going to be unrequited only because neither will admit it to each other. BWAHHAHAHAAHA. Ohh, wait, I'm being a sadist towards my characters again. ))

((More then just a Love Potion, it is a potion that brings on Vrentae, a tonic that calls the Red Spirit, I figure it will be tricky to make (let alone gather the Flower as it's thorns are going to be dangerous in some way) and if done wrong can cause the drinker to go into madness. I need what it takes to make it though, more ideas and the likes...
I actually am in the middle of making a "cover" for the first set we did. Just a basic image compilation including a green leather book, a orange rose and a blue rose, and a dagger with blood on the tip... is there any other items you would want me to include??? I was going to give a copy at DennyCon but I didn't have it done on time so it will have to wait. But I am totally up for making this something that grows and lives :) ))
Bards-Tale

Postby Bards-Tale » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:36 pm

Bards-Tale wrote:
Peregrine wrote:((I will offer style to you say that Senecyl knows how to use all part of the Shaetel've, and style to Ben that Calaban Ru knows as well.))

((Ihmmmm, well this is suppose to be knowledge that just got discovered after being lost for decades, if not centuries... Suseri hasn't even fully translated it yet, let alone anyone else in the world to know it... I would accept a style to say that Senecyl knows of the potion and is looking for the recipe and has part of it, same with Calaban Ru... maybe they know how to make the potion but do not know the ingredients and the likes...but if there is a potion you would like to be found in the book let me know and I will have Suseri "find" it and make it that Senecyl knows of it...what kind of potion do you need to do what????))

((I may have miss read the original quote... Do you want to give a style to know all parts of the Flower or the Potion??? ))
Bards-Tale

Postby wunderworks » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:49 pm

((Style Accepted based on Bard's suggestions!))
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby alexanderthesoso » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:54 pm

((hmm, well, i think knowing OF the flower, and that it does stuff, I could buy. hes wanting to do it in part for a scene idea we were setting up. Would you believe.... they know its poisonous but have no clue about the nectar?)
alexanderthesoso

Postby Bards-Tale » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:35 pm

7th Evening after the Autumn Althua

Oh hallowed Grandmother, grant me your clearness and wisdom of mind to preform the deeds I have promised before my own heart's desire. Crimson...my eyes are filled with it like the tears I shed that night. Claret....my heart is bathed in the obsession of the spirit. I tried to put it to the back of my mind. I tried to be a Lady and a professional. But every time I sleep I dream... more then 'Her' dreams, for 'Her' dreams bring me nothing but Joy... no, I dream about that night... about that ruk!!!!!!! The mirror is being reformed, remade, to something greater then it ever was before, yet still I feel it burning in my chest to get my Revenge on him. I hardly even remember his name, but the face is branded on my heart. It burns in my skin, it burns in my blood. I close my eyes and focus on the task at hand, I have to remember that I am a Noble first, keep the appearance that he never cut you, do not give him that satisfaction. Elegance, grace, the river looks calm though the current will drag you under, a Lady... I must remember to be a Lady and not let my emotions get the better of me... no matter who it is...no matter who...no matter...
I use the fire and focus it on the task, the task is greater then the burning. Besides, I might find something for myself, something I will keep secret... maybe a curse, maybe a poison, anything. I will not lie to Sa'lee, I promised 'Her' I would not, but if he doesn't ask I don't have to tell... there is a difference between a lie and silence, an important difference.
He is an odd, odd man. He comes to me in the evening as the sun sets. He insists I sit with him at dinner, he insists that I stop the work, when I stop I feel the spirit coming back. He talks about what he does in town, he talks of his plans with what we learn, he talk. Talks. I do not understand what he wishes to gain from making me stop. I have to be careful, ever on guard, ever watchful, ever careful, he may be trying to betray me, he may try to black-mail me, play at my own game of Truth. I think he is looking for something deeper though, I think the Suaven is calling to him. Zhatem, Talan, the Lost Suaven, I think he comes to Sa'lee but the Baron does not know yet how to fully embrace a Suaven yet. He will learn. We will find Zhatem and he will learn. 'She' wants me to find him. 'She' has business still with him, though 'She' has not told me what it is yet. That is not my place. I remember my place, a Suaven I am not. I am still just a Spring, though I'd like to think my Wisdom is carried to further seasons, but I am still a Spring and have much to learn from 'Her'.
Still it burns.
I wish Sa'lee would just let me eat in the Library as I normally do, though even I have to admit his cooking is better then even my most seasoned veth... but still, a simple plate next to me and I can continue to work...
The potion still evades me. The flower is called Shaetel've, the Gold Star, but the tonic... the tonic has another name. They call it Lixon Vrentae, The Wine of the Spirit. It brings one to Romance. It brings one to Revenge. It brings the burning in the Blood. I can see the appeal of this tonic. To make another feel this pain, this fire, this burning in the Blood, this hunger for it to stop... yes, it would be a wonderful tonic. But it is tricky. If done wrong it will bring the drinker to both sides of the tonic at the same time, it will bring them to a madness that will bring them to attack any who are in front of them. It is a tricky tonic. There is a recipe list, though I still do not have it all... I am missing parts... there is the nectar, of course, and you need the Blood from the one you wish the drinker to become obsessed with, but beyond that...I do not have much beyond that.... Damn the old language, damn the Secrets. Secrets. They hold us back. Secrets. We could all be so much greater. Secrets, they are all Ven's weakness...
Last edited by Bards-Tale on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bards-Tale

Postby Peregrine » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:36 pm

Bards-Tale wrote:
Bards-Tale wrote:

((I may have miss read the original quote... Do you want to give a style to know all parts of the Flower or the Potion??? ))

((Yes, I only want to know the parts of the Flower, but not of the Potion. Though knowing the Flower, I think I should also know how to make the thorn's toxin into a Poison. And may interpret any questions about the Shaetel've as desire for knowledge of such Poison.))
"The Senate took my lands, my titles, my Name... They will bury this and forget me. But I will live long enough to remind them of what should not be forgotten." - Iyl, the Aged Stranger
Peregrine

Next

Return to Blood & Tears - In Character