Pages from Suseri Mrww

Post in-character scenes for Live Action Houses of the Blooded here.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Pages from Suseri Mrww

Postby Bards-Tale » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:42 pm

Peregrine wrote:((Yes, I only want to know the parts of the Flower, but not of the Potion. Though knowing the Flower, I think I should also know how to make the thorn's toxin into a Poison. And may interpret any questions about the Shaetel've as desire for knowledge of such Poison.))

((Alright, I'm cool with the idea of him knowing the flower for the thorn more then the potion... hadn't thought of what the thorn does yet or what kind of poison to make, I just was thinking the task of gathering the flower to be highly dangerous. I can write in about the thorns if you like, any requests on what they do on what kind of poison they will make??? ))
"Some men see things that are that ask 'why'. I see things that never were and ask 'why not'?"
Bards-Tale

Postby alexanderthesoso » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:55 am

((my first thought was antidote to the nectar, ie, it kills Vrentae, kills your passion, makes you a sullen, indraw, lifeless wreck. But I don't think John and Ro would appreciate a zombie drug in game. )
alexanderthesoso

Postby Peregrine » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:26 am

alexanderthesoso wrote:((my first thought was antidote to the nectar, ie, it kills Vrentae, kills your passion, makes you a sullen, indraw, lifeless wreck. But I don't think John and Ro would appreciate a zombie drug in game. )

((You mean a Poison that stops the Ven from being Ven? Wouldn't that be worse than out and out killing them? "You stole my lands, my wife, and my children, so I will steal all that makes you Ven in return."))
"The Senate took my lands, my titles, my Name... They will bury this and forget me. But I will live long enough to remind them of what should not be forgotten." - Iyl, the Aged Stranger
Peregrine

Postby alexanderthesoso » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:45 am

((exactly. i think thats too mean, even for ven. On the other hand, it would be a drug like no other for the weak. Cant stand your passions? Cant handle the desires, the fears? there is an escape. God, could you imagine the heroin epidemic it would become? Hell, we might save that for John, he never did say what destroyed ven society. ))
alexanderthesoso

Postby Peregrine » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:08 pm

alexanderthesoso wrote:((exactly. i think thats too mean, even for ven. On the other hand, it would be a drug like no other for the weak. Cant stand your passions? Cant handle the desires, the fears? there is an escape. God, could you imagine the heroin epidemic it would become? Hell, we might save that for John, he never did say what destroyed ven society. ))

((Too mean? The Ven? Crank it to eleven! I can totally see this being a viscous and much feared poison/narcotic. Maybe not when using the "poison for wimps" rules, but I wouldn't mind having this in my own game, if I can ever get a group together in Tucson that's interested.))
"The Senate took my lands, my titles, my Name... They will bury this and forget me. But I will live long enough to remind them of what should not be forgotten." - Iyl, the Aged Stranger
Peregrine

Postby alexanderthesoso » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:14 pm

((well, the flower is bard's , as is the love potion, but if she can part with them, you are welcome to the idea of the drug. Call it VrenLeth. The river in hades was named for the drug! Of course, since the nectar has to be mixed with the blood of the target to make the love potion, it would have to be mixed with the lovers blood to break a romance, or the enemies blood to chill a vengence, or your own blood for the more drug, less poison effect. and of course, it would take more and more to keep the effect going. ))
alexanderthesoso

Postby Bards-Tale » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:37 pm

((For Peregrine and alexanderthesoso : ok, I think I have an idea about the thorns that might satisfy everyone's craving for a good, twisted, poison. I will include it in the next "Pages" entry for being discovered while Sa'lee is away, I will try to word it though so that it can either be used for Poison-for-Wimps (which is what we use at the Althuas) or be ramped up so that on a table top you can really screw each other over XD ))
"Some men see things that are that ask 'why'. I see things that never were and ask 'why not'?"
Bards-Tale

Postby Bards-Tale » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:26 pm

1 week after Baron Sa'lee Steele's Departure

A new feeling has seemed to come to me... guilt... a guilt that as a Ven I am told shouldn't be there, but I was raised differently. Guilt. My silence to one of my few allies brings it on. I hope he does not touch the thorns. I knew very little about them when I gave him the vague warning at dinner. I was a coward at the moment, a trait that usually doesn't come over be, but makes me ashamed when it does. When is Truth necessary and when is silence vital to survival? What will he do about me when the book is done? He is Ven as a Ven is raised. He does not understand the world I grew up in, the world I live in, the world I know.
I tried to explain it to him. Grandmother never wanted me to leave these walls. My mother never did and her mother before her. When ever they needed a husband, or anything else for that matter, a veth would be sent out to fetch one and make a business deal. Grandmother called Lady Calista to this place, to Yvaila Avala, because she knew it was time for me to leave to do business, but I am always called back. I do not have the heart to tell Sa'lee that I can count on one hand the number of times I have been to my surrounding villages.
Does this make me not Ven?
No, I am Blooded, my mother Blooded me, I remember the day, a proud day it was. My father had already disappeared, a truth of where he went is still unknown to me. She taught me everything I knew, she taught me to be cautious, to not trust the outside world, to be a Lady, what my place is, what my duty to Grandmother is. No, I am Blooded, I am a Serpent and I am Proud of this! Even if I am odd for our world, I would rather be odd then disappoint 'Her'.

I have learned more of the thorns. Before it was just a little thing; when one gets stung by the thorn it releases a small poison. This poison burns the skin and itches but does not do much else as to actually harm a victim. If the poison is not treated it leaves red trail lines up the veins for about a foot in length that remain forever as a mark... this is what I withheld from Sa'lee, out of fear that I could not tell him everything...guilt... it is a cousin to the Red Spirit I would believe. Not as powerful but you can feel it in your blood and in your pit when it comes to you. But I have learned more then just the thorns powers... I have learned of a poison that can be made with it's toxins. It was not in the journal, it was in one of my other tomes as I was investigating the flower more. I knew it sounded familiar in some way and now I know why. It is an old poison, not used much anymore. Along with a few other things and some proper techniques one can make an enemy beg for pain.
You make the poison, you slip it into your enemy's drink. They feel a pain inside, a burning in their stomach, their body tightens. It lasts for hours, but after wards they are fine. A season goes by and the enemy feels a desire like they have never had before. They want the poison again, they need it. So they come back to you. Again, and again, they come back. The time between cravings gets closer and closer. Finally, it could be months, it could be seasons, it could be years depending on how all is treated, the enemy asks again. This time they ask while already in the thralls of drinking it a first time that night. It is then, when they drink it twice, after their body has been through so much, the poison will kill them... and they will have asked you for it...
Twisted, yes, but Ven it is and it is what Ven ask for... this poison I know is not just known to me, but I do not think many know where to get the flower, how to make the poison, I have not seen it used in my life time, but that means nothing.
I will tell Sa'lee when he gets back, it will cure my heart, it will be my penance to give him more then the thorn...
Bards-Tale

Postby Bards-Tale » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:28 pm

(( This is the poison that Senecyl and Calaban Ru know of thanks to their style points :D game technicalities will come at some point XD ))
Bards-Tale

Postby alexanderthesoso » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:57 am

((aww, now i feel bad.... you'll see why. )
alexanderthesoso

PreviousNext

Return to Blood & Tears - In Character