Senecyl's Journal

Post in-character scenes for Live Action Houses of the Blooded here.

Moderator: Snag

Senecyl's Journal

Postby Peregrine » Mon May 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Mythe. Hears Silence. Ah, mother, what cruel words to have whispered in my ear. You knew then that you would introduce me to our lady of whispers, you knew what I would hear for all my life because of that. And yet. And yet...

Mythe. Hears Silence. There is much I would give for that simple word to be true. For a minute, an hour, a day. Oh what freedom I would have to sit, and listen, and hear nothing. To Hear Silence.

As long as I can remember, I've heard my lady. In my dreams, at first, but as I fell more and more into her calling, following her voice along its twisted path, more and more I heard her whisper elsewhere. My cousin, Yvylen, she heard it more, and became her priestess. She was entrusted with protecting our lady herself. And she failed.

It was more than whispers I heard that day. But not silence. Never silence.

Mythe. Hears Silence. And then I joined this compact. This growing league of sorcerers. And new voices began to compete with my lady. And where have those whispers led me? Ikhalu.

Mythe. Hears Silence. If only, if only, if only...
"The Senate took my lands, my titles, my Name... They will bury this and forget me. But I will live long enough to remind them of what should not be forgotten." - Iyl, the Aged Stranger
Peregrine

Re: Senecyl's Journal

Postby Peregrine » Tue May 03, 2011 6:01 pm

Work on the castle continues. The glassworks is producing some rather amazing works. The staining results in some spectacular colouring. Now I'm rebuilding the grand hall, fitting a wonderful glass roof, with the stained pieces making the image of a wine bottle and chalice nested among a laurel of roses. If it comes close to the architect's sketches, it will be truly impressive.

Otherwise, the various vineyards, vintners, distilleries, and brewers are clamoring for their share of glass for bottles and chalices. Imagine, the elegance of crystal, available to even the veth!

How sad it is that there have been no truly elegant althuas of late. Granted, the house of passion or pleasure or whatever may have been decadent, even opulent, but it wasn't elegant. It wasn't refined or genteel. It was a house of harlots, whores, and worse, disguised with a thin veneer of gilt, as if that would turn such déclassé into anything more civilized.

Suseri, how you have fallen.

If you weren't so necessary, so needed... I'd give you to Ikhalu myself, and while I may yet do so, it must wait. I need what you know, and if I were sure I could get the information from your library I would just raid it. But No Secret Is Safe, and I haven't discovered all of yours yet.

You still owe me Suseri, and you cannot delay for mu...

Damn and blast, I cannot stand some all these distractions of late.
"The Senate took my lands, my titles, my Name... They will bury this and forget me. But I will live long enough to remind them of what should not be forgotten." - Iyl, the Aged Stranger
Peregrine

Postby Peregrine » Thu May 12, 2011 11:33 am

The Marquess has an agent moving among our court. The Senate has an agent moving among our court. A league of anti-sorcerers moves among our court.

No Secret Is Safe, so what secrets of ours are known? The compact isn't revealed, as none go around with their secret names emblazoned for all to see. I doubt the Suaven know what secrets the Senate has uncovered. But I should recognize someone from the Marquess' court.

No Secret Is Safe, but what secrets are still secret? I think I shall carry a rose forthwith. Let them all hear gibberish while I listen to Whispers.

I know where the Book is! I'm leaving soon, a few days to prepare, bringing only Kethric and a small mixed group of roadmen and spies.

Damnation but I'll still need Suseri's help. No matter, I need the book first. I'll have with me the book of the sorcerer-kings, but I'm still translating it. It might take years to finish, and if I find the Book...

If I find the Book, dare I ask Suseri to help? How much could I reveal without her discovering what I've found? How long can I keep this secret safe?

Lorr wants to meet with all the sorcerers at the next althua. Ah it would be nice to see the other members of the compact, but this expedition is too important. I can only send my apologies, and suggest they keep roses among themselves.

And if they neither take my advice, nor understand it? Then they shouldn't call themselves sorcerers at all.

Sneaking a meeting of sorcerers in the house of a wolf. Madness. Fools. There's been too much wasteful bloodshed of late. It's high time we had some refined entertainment. But by all means, let them reveal themselves at the party. A shame to miss it, but I wouldn't want to be there myself. A shame too that I cannot send a discrete letter to the senate representative without breaking the compact. All of my allies all together...

No Secret Is Safe, and I just hope them flaunting it will lead them all to ruin! Trust No One. Ha! I warn them all of their own doom whenever they call my name. Fools. Madness.
Peregrine

Postby Peregrine » Mon May 16, 2011 2:47 pm

There are three types of Ven in Shanri; those whom I need, those whom I need dead, and those who are expendable. The best and happiest life comes when a Ven can categorize all others into that third set. Now that I have Suseri's translations and ciphers, I can move her from the need category, to the expendable.

As of this moment, I think my “need” category is empty. There are still those I need dead – the marquess, that deer Kyenin – but I am closer to the good life now.

This book, this tome, this artifact of the sorcerer kings... It's a spell book. It has but one ritual, but then, what other ritual does one need besides reshaping the world?
Peregrine

Postby Peregrine » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:13 pm

Perhaps I was too hasty in considering Suseri unneeded. This tome is infuriating and intriguing. I feel almost certain I could perform the ritual detailed within. But I feel equally certain it wouldn't work.

Something else must be needed, and I imagine it all lies in the pages I have yet to translate.

The Sorcerer-Kings knew so much that was possible with the Blood. How can we Serpents know so little after studying for generations?

If indeed the Q'val of Ashthuura had part of the cipher used by the aelva danna, might they have certain items of use to me? Thavren was a patron, if not a member... certainly something worthy of further consideration.

I've had to dispose of some of the staff around here. Unfortunate veth stumbled into my library inopportunely. I cannot risk that they might be spies. Kethric is seeing to the duty. Now I wonder how much of my staff I can trust. Ha! Sithic. Trust No One. I get closer and closer to deciphering this tome, and I cannot afford risks.

Ah if I could take back the rash act of inviting everyone in our court to an althua! But too many suspicions would be raised in crying off now. Damn and Blast. I shall have to keep my secrets close during the party. I cannot keep them safe forever, but I can keep them safe for an evening. How appropriate is my own name; a warning to others and an admonishment to myself. No Secret Is Safe. Trust No One. Senecyl Sithic.

Hmm, a recent vintage arrived from Vanavel, and a number of flowers from my garden have finally bloomed. Perhaps my loyal vassals will enjoy an early start on the festivities.
Peregrine

Return to Blood & Tears - In Character