In Absentia

Post in-character scenes for Live Action Houses of the Blooded here.

Moderator: Snag

Re: In Absentia

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:12 am

"Death. Yes, of course..." Lorr says coldly. He shakes the coldness away.

"Has she... breached the compact when she confronted you? Taking your lands from you? She knows the rules, and the consequences..." Lorr says.
"How daring!" he adds with a hint of admiration.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Peregrine » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

"She didn't betray the compact. We were discovered, and she used that discovery to her advantage, but didn't of herself betray me. Suaven damn her but our 'duel' didn't exceed Injury either. Though I know the consequences to myself, I will murder her."

Senecyl thought for a moment, then asked, "When did she join the compact? I knew she was a member of our little coterie of...worshipers..."
"The Senate took my lands, my titles, my Name... They will bury this and forget me. But I will live long enough to remind them of what should not be forgotten." - Iyl, the Aged Stranger
Peregrine

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:40 am

At the mention of worshipers, Lorr cannot help but turn away. Lorr has had his doubts about the cult and Ikhalu's tempting whispers.

Lorr answered Senecyl with his back partially turned, thus facing the recent portrait he had crafted out of stone. "She joined the night she was introduced to me by my uncle Koso. She implied that she was his sorcerous apprentice... She is guilty of worse crimes than the rest of us, considering the tutelage she has received. I cannot betray Koso and tell you what his specialty is."

Lorr sets about to thinking quietly and drinking deep from the cup of cold water.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Peregrine » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:31 pm

"Koso. He must be on your mother's side. Have our courts always had this much interaction? I came here because of my cousin, and because I believed this court was beyond the marquess' reach. What a fool I was to think that."

"Still, I have some favors yet to call in. I'll want to pay a call upon Suseri, but I've lost my network of informants and trackers. I'm blind now to the movements of Ilsa and the Vashna. And still weak from the duel." Senecyl looked down at his right hand, bandages wrapped tightly across the palm.
"The Senate took my lands, my titles, my Name... They will bury this and forget me. But I will live long enough to remind them of what should not be forgotten." - Iyl, the Aged Stranger
Peregrine

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:26 pm

"My uncle Koso is married to my aunts on my Father's side. My mother has allowed him to visit fairly infrequently. Our court and that of Koso's and the Marquess' are not close and normally don't interact. However, distance itself cannot separate all circles in Shanri..." Lorr explains. "Either way, the hand of the Marquess has had much influence because she is her own agent... This might mean that whoever is running her lands on the other side of Shanri is ready for an opportune takeover."

Lorr sighs. "I'm apologize, friend. Force of habit... We seem to be well beyond political intrigue at this point and I will support you in your cold-spirited endeavors. Letting you murder the Marquess serves me politically, so I will allow you to strike at her outside of her battlefield. I will set aside political cunning in favor of the pure logistics of getting her in a vulnerable place, where you can strike her down..."

Lorr helps himself to another cup of cold mountain water while he regards his companion's hand. "We must let them believe that Senecyl is dead. Let him rest in peace... I believe that we could produce a body reliable enough to serve as evidence of my loyalty to the senate. Producing the body of a traitor invading my lands."

Lorr stops himself and thinks for a moment. "But Isla and the others will know I did not kill you. They will know you are alive and that I am most likely harboring you... Hmm, we could send your Tulpa into the lands the Vashna now hold. They will kill your Tulpa, or find it too close to death to keep it alive... What do you think?"
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Peregrine » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:50 pm

Senecyl shakes his head. "A Tulpa wouldn't fool the senate. But I've a ritual that might work. The compact would know I still live, but they'd be prevented from sharing that knowledge; doing so would break faith, and reveal themselves to the Vashna. Yes, let everyone think Senecyl is dead. Who looks for a dead Ven? It won't last forever, but it will last long enough."

"And me? Let me be known as Iyl. Iyl of no family whatever."
Peregrine

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Lorr nods, "Very well, Iyl. What will be needed for Senecyl to be dead in the eyes of the Senate? I have to admit, I am not kin on having you enter and leave my lands very often. It would be safer if you remained in the shade of my Hospitality for now, so if there are affairs you must conduct, let me help you..."

He finished his cup. "Tell me about your plan to fool the senate, and then tell me about my gift. You need not be vague, Iyl. No one is here to listen but I."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Peregrine » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:52 am

Iyl's eyes flashed with instant distrust at Lorr's words, but the look was gone so quickly that one might doubt seeing it at all. "I should be able to fool the Senate, similar to how I once fooled our entire court. I know a ritual that allows me to mimic the form of another Ven. A slight modification should allow me to force some Veth to assume my form."

"As for your gift..." His hands tapped idly on the book. "I came across this tome some time ago, and didn't realize just what I had found until much later. It wasn't until an unrelated project led my research into the Aelva Danna that I remembered this book, and realized just what it was I had found."

"This book, Lorr... This book. Simply put, this book is a ritual book of the Sorcerer-Kings."
Peregrine

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:58 pm

Lorr regarded the book carefully, his face reflecting equal parts of unease and excitement. "You mean..." Lorr, in awe, did not finish his sentence. Instead, he opened the book.

The runic detail, the ciphers, the complex charts, overwhelmed him with excitement and possibility.
"This is... A true treasure... Isn't it?" Lorr's eyes grew wide. "Have you determined the purpose of these rituals?" he asked, his eyes not leaving the pages as he continued to carefully turn the pages. He came across an image depicting a tunnel, channeling energies with Spectres, walls coated in a dark substance. Other pages showed devices of unknown function. Some images showed what looked like ven in solace, sacrificed to power some gargantuan block of architecture.
The book was written in a script he did not recognize. Nothing that Lorr had stolen from Caliban's library, nothing that he had come across in Suseri's library, were written in the cipher script found herein.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Peregrine » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Iyl smiled. "It actually contains only a single ritual. But then, given the nature of this ritual, what others would be needed?"

Iyl leaned back to watch as the implication set in; If one can reshape the whole of Shanri...
Peregrine

PreviousNext

Return to Blood & Tears - In Character