In Absentia

Post in-character scenes for Live Action Houses of the Blooded here.

Moderator: Snag

In Absentia

Postby Peregrine » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:45 pm

The jury was convened as a formality, merely there to ratify the decision called for by the senate representative present at the scene.

Senecyl Jalan had been under suspicion for a few seasons now, ever since Thavren Thorne made a brief testimony before certain members of the Senate. Compounded with rumors of Ikahlu, it was not long before a discrete investigation began.

While looking into the Suaven of Whispers, evidence was brought before the Senate from impeccable sources indicating that one follower also worshiped Ikahlu. As only a few Ven were known to follow the Suaven of Whispers, it did not take long for further suspicion to fall on Senecyl.

Still, a record of events was requested from those involved in the attack and attempted arrest of the Baron. The decision was ratified before the requests left Q'naldinir.

Senecyl Jalan would forfeit his lands, titles, and life, his Name stricken from Ven society. Senecyl was now a dead man who had yet to stop moving.

Swiftly, Senate forces seized the Baron's Castle and lands, going over the place diligently. They found and confiscated all those tomes in his library deemed dangerous, and destroyed many of the rest. His journals were poured over, and work began on deciphering the codes and hidden messages therein. They found also the hidden shrine to Ikahlu, and summarily purified it. Senate Forces believe they moved swiftly enough to prevent Senecyl from retrieving anything of value, and certainly before he might enact any plans to destroy evidence of his transgressions.

Of Senecyl they could find no trace, except the charred remains of the artifact scarf that burned the guards attempting to apprehend him. Questioning his staff and guards revealed that he had not been assisted by any vassals in his escape, except for his valet who disappeared along with the Baron.
"The Senate took my lands, my titles, my Name... They will bury this and forget me. But I will live long enough to remind them of what should not be forgotten." - Iyl, the Aged Stranger
Peregrine

Re: In Absentia

Postby Peregrine » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:08 pm

There was someone in the library when Lorr entered. The figure sat easily in one of the plush leather chairs, garbed in a gray cloak with the cowl shadowing the face. A small kachka curls at the figure's feet, and a closed tome rests upon his lap.

A raspy voice calls out, “ah, my Beautiful Protector returns to his castle!”

The man stands, setting the tome on an end table. The cloak slides off his shoulders, revealing a torn and stained and burned set of once fine black clothing. His face and neck are blistered and raw, but above them rests an all too familiar pair of grey eyes.

“We have a compact, you and I,” Senecyl rasps. “And others, of course, but here and now there is only us. And a clause of this compact is the extension of hospitality and protection. And I am in need of protection at the moment; so I thought to myself, 'protection would be a beautiful thing', which of course led my thoughts to you.”

“Now, the clause stipulates that I must give a gift in return for hospitality. But the Senate seems to have all the gifts I would normally bring. So I can only give you what I have left, which, I dare say, is still valuable none the less. And which cannot be taken from me, only given.”
"The Senate took my lands, my titles, my Name... They will bury this and forget me. But I will live long enough to remind them of what should not be forgotten." - Iyl, the Aged Stranger
Peregrine

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:19 pm

Lorr instinctively looked over his shoulder. His valet was not there. It was an unfortunate thing that he had been kidnapped. Selfish as always, Lorr thought, "Where could he be when I need him."

After his moment of hesitation, Lorr walked to the table and sat.
"I do remember the clause and I am happy to honor it... So sorry I had to miss the Althua. I'm sure it was... a blast."
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Peregrine » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:50 pm

"A blast." Senecyl's raspy laugh quickly died in a brief bout of coughing. "Yes, yes I suppose it was."

"Amazing how quickly everything can be taken from you. It took no time at all to lose my lands the first time. She took my wife, my family, my lands. And told me to leave."

"And she's back, Suaven damn her! Now she and the Senate, they've taken it all. The Senate took my lands, my titles, my Name... They will bury this and forget me. But I will live long enough to remind them of what should not be forgotten. And all of it is her fault."

He threw himself back into the chair with a heavy sigh, muttering words that can't be heard clearly.
Peregrine

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:10 am

"I hope you're in high spirits, friend. You're once again free of responsibility! Your whole being is truly available to achieve despicable and memorable things... Whoever SHE is, you can make her pay, Senate be damned... I will even help you to some extent if she is not a friend."

Lorr finds the necessary equipment to share water with his fellow sorcerer. "I grant you Hospitality, Senecyl. We can discuss your gift in a moment, but for now let's ensure you feel quite at home. What comfort might you need for the moment?"
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Peregrine » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:23 am

He thought for a moment, silent in the chair. "Right now I need to remain unseen, and unspoken of. Let the name Senecyl die, like the Senate desires."

"There's a small ruin in this province, that I can hide out at for a time. From there I stay away from the eyes of the Senate, and whomever they may employ. I ask that you keep my presence unaware from your vassals. Trust No One, and all that."
Peregrine

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:17 pm

"Before we forget all about him, let's talk about Senechyl for a moment... You offered me two little riddles, perhaps inadvertently, perhaps not. The first is the matter of your gift to me in exchange for hospitality. I suppose it is knowledge which you wish to offer. You know me well enough that knowledge is a currency I value highly. The second riddle, however, intrigues me more at the moment."

"Who is it that has targeted you and associated with the senate to take Senechyl down?"
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Peregrine » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:45 pm

"The marquess! I've known for a few seasons that she has an agent within our court, but never did I dream she would be here herself! Oh she's in disguise, of course, calling herself 'Ilsa'. You know her, she also follows Ikahlu. I ask you to leave her to me. It's very personal between us now."

"And yes, it is knowledge. My gift, that is. And not just about Ilsa."

He reached over and grabbed his book. "What's in here, is my gift. It needs... work. Help. I'll need more time yet to finish translating, but when it's ready. You and I, we will change the world with this book."
Peregrine

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:45 am

"Isla is the Marquess...?! But... But she's one of us!" Lorr exclaims as he moves closer to Senechyl, knocking a chair over backwards so that nothing stands between them. Senechyl can see in Lorr's eyes that he is desperately trying to find the lies in his words.

"She is playing the Compact by joining it?! That is madness! Daring and foolish!!!"

Lorr glances at the book and realizes he has no interest in what it may hold, currently. Lorr is obsessed with the Marquess. "Isla has been trying to hire my Valet and he has spoken to me about the Marquess and their, uhm, history."

"Isla. Why?" Lorr sits in another chair, close to the tome Senechyl has brought. He lifts the cover idly... "Why did we not see it?"
Senechyl can see just how young and vulnerable Lorr is in this moment. Lorr's love of tricks leaves him open to trickery.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Peregrine » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:46 am

"Because I'm the only one who knows her, and I was looking for her in her home. I thought she had only an agent here in our court. I suspected... others... of being her eyes and ears. It's my fault, and I will fix it, Lorr!" Senecyl's angry words cut off in a choking cough.

After the cough subsided, "Right now, Ilsa believes her disguise is intact; that I, as the only one to know, have fled without revealing who she is. I truly think she planned on killing me at the Althua, as I was close to uncovering her presence anyways. But I was stronger than she anticipated, and so she used the Senate's Vashna to drive me from the castle."

"I lost my head in rage, and foolishly accepted her challenge. I forgot what she was, and what she was capable of. For that moment, I underestimated her. I broke my vow that I would never do that again."

He looks Lorr squarely in the eye, "I will kill her, Lorr. I. My Blood is not Fire with thoughts of her, and I don't care for some elaborate scheme to take from her all that's been taken from me. My Blood is Ice, and I only want her dead. Dassna, not Vrentae"
Peregrine

Next

Return to Blood & Tears - In Character