Dinner at Castle Hu

Post in-character scenes for Live Action Houses of the Blooded here.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Dinner at Castle Hu

Postby Loqua » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:53 pm

"This is why I don't really care for the Ven society. To simply call something by another empty name requires so much work. Wouldn't it just be easier to call the castle what I want and find disfavor in those who chose to show disfavor?" He slowed his gait a half beat, musing on the thought.

"No Duke Silja. I believe in self-reliance. Having a staff makes me slow. It is only me, my student and my guard." Iratu waves his hand around the hall, seemingly at nothing. "And of course you and your people."

"Tell me, how do you function in the rules your society has set up? They are so .... inane. The one law that makes sense, that you have to be strong enough to hold what you own, is quashed by letters and procedure. If I saw two paths to the same destination, I wouldn't take the one with all the obstacles. It was a simple enough outlook, but it garnered me quite the reputation. I had put Fear into them. Not fear, but Fear." Iratu trailed off....

..and quickly smiled. "Its a good thing I don't desire that anymore, isn't it?"
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:48 pm

Lorr listens to Iratu, realizing that Iratu's answers prompt more questions for later.

In response, Lorr shrugs and says "Perhaps. It depends what you desire now... When I asked you what you wanted in exchange for the Hall of Echoes, I must admit that requesting a title was not foremost on my list of expectations... Coming from you anyway. I don't mean that as a slight or insult... I thought you were many things and deserved a great amount of recognition... But to want a proper Barony. It raised certain expectations based on what you asked for, you see?"

"Now, seeing how nothing has really changed on your end, I question why you would not want to exert Fear into us properly Blooded ven... You obviously care not for your title among my peers. Or do you, Baron?"
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:00 pm

"The title I have no use for, it's the power behind the title I need. Namely the fact that a Duke supports it. I needed protection from Messol, in case he decided to engage me in a long and drawn out conflict. It worked and I leveraged a bargain. Now I have some lands to restart with and an actual castle." Iratu shrugged. "As for Fear, it didn't have the effect I thought it would have. I wanted conflict and all I got was apathy. Now, I don't want conflict. I want peace."

A surge of anger for no reason. For a split second, Iratu wanted nothing more than the choke the life out of the Duke.

Then the whispers started. The ones only he could hear.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:57 am

"You say you want Peace, and this reassures me greatly, Baron. Being unblooded myself during the times during which Fear of your powers were greatest, I was appalled by how the rest of nobility treated you. They allowed you to terrorize them! As you know, this emboldened me greatly and I would not be the person I am today without giving you some credit," Lorr said pleasantly.

"I owe much to your own Ambitions, actually. When I saw you commit the horrifying unblooding Ritual, I knew I would not be swayed to support such vile powers myself. I respect your knowledge and understanding of what Shan'ri is. Power recognizes Power, after all, and that is what kept you alive. Power and Fear."

"With Peace, you bring a new strategy to your agenda which if I comprehend correctly only means that your acceptance of noble society will become important. I wish not to educate you, don't misunderstand me, but I will uphold certain standards as long as you are under my shadow as a Baron. The title and support you will receive will come at the very least at that price."
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:57 pm

He had stopped paying attention, the voices were too demanding. Calling for Silja's death. They tore at him from the inside of his head. Pounding. Incessant. Kill Silja. Kill his people. Why? What was going on? Killing Silja doesn't help me any. KIlling Silja doesn't make any se- KILL SILJA NOW. I can't! People know he is here. There needs to be a plan. Dukes just don't disappear without someone caring. Enemy! He is the enemy!

"at that price." He was done talking. What had he said?

"I just desire a world where mutual dislike could be suppressed for civility. I don't wish the conflicts anymore." Iratu said, hoping that was broad enough to feign interest.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:42 am

"But Baron, a world where mutual dislike could be suppressed for civility is not Shan'ri. Not as I have seen it, anyway. Though I do encourage you to profess this civility among your fellow ven Barons..." Lorr says. "If you act out of line in my eyes, I will consider the fact that you choose not to pay the price required for membership to nobility."

Lorr asks, "Is this reasonable then?"
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:15 pm

"I will do my best to try and maintain the status quo. As I have stated before, I want no conflict anymore. That has passed me by. I do, however, answer to a power far greater than this system and if those two ever come into conflict, I will choose to listen to my calling. We all pay Devotions price, Duke Silja." Iratu said. "You said you had questions for me, I believe?"

Temporarily the whispers had quieted. This could be the calm before the storm.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:37 pm

"I understand. The Wrath you face is much more potent than any Wrath I should fear to face, so I will assume that when the time comes for you to make a difficult decision that you might give me a fair warning if you can manage it."

"You have sufficiently reassured me of your intentions, but I also expect your words to be backed by your actions. Will you be pleasant and polite when you attend my mother's Althua next season? I would be quite upset if I found out you caused a scene. If you wish for our arrangements to continue, I hope to count on hearing how proper you are being at the Marquise's Althua," Lorr says with a sardonic smile. "My question is, what help do you need from me, to make this happen by the next Althua?"
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:49 pm

Iratu waved his hand, dispelling the notion.

"I have long learned how to act at these gatherings. I will not act unless acted upon first. If I am acted upon I will respond in kind until the threat is ....no longer a threat."
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Previous

Return to Blood & Tears - In Character