Gather the Talashan.

Post in-character scenes for Live Action Houses of the Blooded here.

Moderator: Snag

Gather the Talashan.

Postby Loqua » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Iratu looked over his balcony to the training grounds. Vaja had answered his prayers. She had sent battalions worth of orks to his lands, orks that would defend her from any Ven foolish enough to try and end the world again. He never tolerated complacency, especially within himself. He would be ready. The two generals barked orders, the orks were being trained in ven combat. <Cody's Character> had melded the ven fighting style with the savagery of the Ork. A new style had been born. The army would be ready. Iratu smiled.

What-was-Eric, his newest general, had brought something too. A standing army. All of which were willing to become Warrior's of Vaja. This bolstered his numbers. It made him one of the greatest military powers in the world. He would not fail Vaja again.

A couple flying orks landed on the edge of the balcony, their insectoid mandibles clicked hurriedly.

"Keep looking my pets. Lorr Silja needs to be found and ....answer for his atrocity. It is only a matter of time before he is found." The two flew off.

Re-open his potion works. Find Lorr Silja. Old Business that he wished would become finished business.

Iratu always hated waiting, but Dande was never one for punctuality. He would often stare at a simple flower and lose himself in wonderment. Iratu envied that in him.

He turned back to the orks and watched. Waiting.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Re: Gather the Talashan.

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:27 pm

Dande bowed to the large Jucata tree at the edge of Iratu's encampments. It looked as though the tree bowed back, lowering its branches.
He was promptly stopped by an organized squadron of ork. He spoke with them for a long time, sharing a philosophical poem with them in their native tongue.

He looked up and saw Iratu. Dande smelled the air and the sky carried the scents of sweat, ichor and sweet plants. The rotten carcasses of giant, discarded fruits attracted little creatures which some of the ork tribes fed upon. The cycle of life was enhanced here to serve the purpose of vengeful Vaja. But Dande had something different in mind.

Dande used the secret tongue of Shanri, and addressed Iratu in the manner the beating sun greets the cold mountains of winter. Dande, which stood for the name given to him by Vaja herself, Avanadande Olivana. Sacred Dragon.

"Hey Iratu," Dande said unceremoniously. He wore robes torn here and there at the edges on top of a short tunic. He wore no shoes today. "How are things progressing on your end?"
Dande did not mock Iratu, for he knew Iratu fulfilled an important role in Shanri, but there was that annoying non-chalance that came with all of Dande's speech. Dande's intensity and excitment only came out when he could reveal Shanri to others, either through words or through exploration. The rest of the time, it simply seemed like Dande was the reed that bent with the wind without breaking: he was unaffected by the actions of others.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:12 pm

((Assume some Style spends for "Talashan" backstory throughout this thread.))

"Welcome Dande, to the Throne of Vaja," Iratu said. He pointed to the massive tree. "Vaja has a temple now, and at least two other shrines. You see the army she has gifted me with and the converts to the Old Ways. Things go very well."

Iratu knew why Dande had been sent here. Iratu represented the aspect of nature that no one loved. Unforgiving. Brutal. Uncompromising. Angry. With the rise of Harmony, he had to have balance as well. That balance was Dande. He was the other side of nature. Life. Growth. Renewal. Hope. Vaja had sent him for that very reason. To start to mend that which Iratu had taken away. While Iratu didn't like it, he knew Dande was necessary.

No matter how, they both still served Vaja. They both knew what this meeting was about, to establish the Balance and speak of the issues whispered to them by Vaja. It would be a most interesting meeting.

"Come in Dande, we have much to discuss. The Balance must be created."
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:25 pm

Dande smiled at Iratu and followed him.
"Yeah, man. The balance. I mean, the balance is here in nature, everywhere. It looks like you're handling your side of Vaja's needs very well. Life grows with respect here. The potential for destruction is very impressive also, you know what I mean?"

Dande looked at the collapsed, ven-made staircase at the bottom of the great tower. They walked up a web of strong roots and vines that wound up and around the tower, sprouting low-light emitting yellow flowers at the edges of the sloped surface. Even the stone of the tower's original design had shifted to strengthen the structure against the storm, or enemy invaders.

They entered a low-roofed level which overlooked the whole panoramic view of the regions surrounding the castle. The ceiling was made of thin roots and hanging vines from which dripped ichors and substances foul, as well as sweet perfumes and honeyed essences. It was damp and warm and intoxicating.
Dande smiled, satisfied.

"Vaja has made a nice home here. It was a fine choice to let this place fall to Shanri. This was a ven castle once. In a few seasons it will be a vestigial ruin of ven culture and a fortress of Vaja's power..."

Dande sat on the wet ground and drank from a thick root after biting right into it. After he satiated his thirst, he nursed the essence slowly.
He sighed, satisfactorily and as he began filling a pipe made from the tooth of a Sacred Snake, he spoke to Iratu thusly.

"Us ven have much to learn about the nature of Vaja. She is only Shan'ri to those without the courage to understand her. Our fellow ven need our help, Iratu... You prepare for war in the name of Vaja. But what seed are you planting in the culture from which we sprung?"
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:09 pm

Iratu held up a hand. Ah, the impatience of youth. "We will speak of the noble caste and of many things in good time. We must respect the traditions of the Talashan first. I propose that you shall lead in Summer and I in Winter. Spring and Fall shall be addressed as we have always done. We shall act in concert, no matter if we agree with the decision we reached. Of course, it is a most high crime if one of us were to kill the other." Iratu knew this was just procedure, and his tone reflected that. He waited for the obvious agreement, so they could move on.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:39 pm

"Sure, Iratu. That's how we make the balance, man," Dande smiled graciously. The dried roots of his tooth pipe lit of their own accord and Dande took in the breath of the serpent.

"We act together as we always will. I will never raise a hand against you, my brother."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:30 pm

"You asked what I thought of the Ven. I dislike them. Especially the representatives of the noble caste around here. They hunt orks for sport and then defile the bodies. Have tried to kill me twice and ....Lorr Silja tried to end all of creation." He paused. "I feel Vaja being torn apart again, which I will attribute to one of these nobles don't something equally stupid. They lack a certain common sense." He knew he wasn't being fully honest. He knew that some of the situations were of his own making, and that at least one of the attempts on his life was justified, but that held no importance now.

"They are dumb and happy, oblivious to the dangers around them. Even if you take direct action against them, which I have, they barely seem to notice. You'd be surprised what I had to do to fully get their attention. I have taken that lesson to heart. I only use violence as a means to protect myself, and no longer as a tool for Vaja's vengeance. That being said, if the nobles decide to try something stupid again..." his eyes trailed to where the Orks were training, "I will be ready. I have no love for any group of people that try and use sorcery as a means to end creation. Do you feel differently?" Iratu left the question up in the air, he had put a bit more accusation than he intended.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Dande thought about Iratu's question for some time.

He smoked peacefully during that time, but it was clear to Iratu that Dande was considering his response carefully. "I had a vision, Iratu... I had a vision of ven society as a by-product of Vaja's love and generosity. Sadly enough, there's nothing in your words that I could find quarrel with. While we ven are petty and selfish, there are also surprising qualities about us, blooded and unblooded alike."

Dande's heart started racing as the Serpent's Breath agitated his mind and calmed it at the same time. "Sorcery remains the greatest threat to that vision, Iratu... Without it, we would not be a doomed race with a need to carve out the gifts of Vaja, and calling her the Great Enemy."

"While I find ork hunting distasteful when it is done without ceremony and without regard for the prey itself, I have seen other beasts in nature take pleasure in hunting, even when it is done outside of the need for sustenance. For that reason, I cannot condone the behavior, but as Vaja allows it outside of ven culture, I cannot fully condemn it either... Those who do not speak with Vaja as we do, which is pretty much everyone we must interact with when we represent her, are so grossly uneducated about her. And if I've learned anything from our last contact with them, we ven CAN be taught!"

Dande paused again to smoke and ponder, giving Iratu a chance to voice more of his opinions.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:43 pm

Iratu leaned back and found his own pipe, lighting it on a small twig. He remembered his vision, much the same as Dande's. He knew the Ven society would rear its ugly head and crush whatever Dande thought he could accomplish. He faced Dande. " I would never deprive someone of the hunt, provided that the hunt was fair and meaningful. They didn't just hunt them, Dande. The first time they killed them, set them on fire and then catapulted them into the sea. The second time, after they sent their men into my lands andkilled them, and wore their parts as fashion accessories. Those were MY orks, ones I had raised from childhood. They slaughtered them. " Iratu stopped, obviously shaken by this.

He regained composure. "I believe the first order of business must be the breaking of the world. Whatever is causing this must be found and destroyed. I will be looking into it this season and when I find the answer I will move against it. I believe that this is a direct threat to Vaja and must be met with force in kind. Do you have any insight into this?"
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:42 pm

Dande nodded, his head leaning a bit sideways. "I sense the anger of the vengeful mother in you. If you wished to punish those ven who so mistreated your children, I would not oppose it... Though you should not use Vaja's powers and generalize all of us ven, because we are ven, you and I included, in this confrontation... Though if you will allow me, I will teach them how to hunt and I will teach them to respect their prey and their kill. That is the way of Vaja."

Dande smoked more. "And yeah, I agree with looking into the whole breaking of the world thing... Could it be because Vaja was shaken? Could it be the Primordials waking from that awful sorcery, Chorluun?"
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Next

Return to Blood & Tears - In Character