Pages from Suseri Mrww

Post in-character scenes for Live Action Houses of the Blooded here.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Pages from Suseri Mrww

Postby Bards-Tale » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:27 am

15 days since Sa’lee has left

…the house is quiet…
For the first time in my life the house feels empty…
Grandmother still talks to me, ‘She’ still whispers, ‘She’ still sings, ‘She’ still sends me dreams more wonderful then any I could produce myself… but it is quiet.
The few veth I do still have have been sent out to gather for the winter. Fog rises higher each day. Fog stays longer on the ground each day. Many ork have gone to sleep for the next season. Even the swamp is quiet… empty…
The only sounds in the hall ways are the cats as usual, and even they seem to have become shushed.
I will only admit this to these pages of parchment… I miss Fashell dearly…
I have known him since birth. He rocked my cradle. He tended to me. He gave me anything I could ask for while my mother was busy with her work for ‘Her’. He found my first husband for me. He was the only one there the day mother died.
I remember as a child, right before I was Blooded, I asked him “When are you going to be Blooded?”
I remember his smile, his patient smile, and he said “If I was Blooded I could no longer care for you, I could no longer tend to ‘Her’, what good would it do anyone for me to leave?”
I did not understand until I was older. He did his job well… then his Winter set in. He was not the man I remembered him to be. A slow madness, an emptiness of mind, came over him. What else was I to do with him when he left me?
I went to his room today. It was the first time I had gone there since the day…..
I have not given it to another of my servants yet. None of them are worthy enough to be head and get the better, private, room. I know it is not much, only 9’ square, but it has a bed, and a small hearth, and a window, and a bit of table… that is where I found it. In the only draw in that bit of table, I found Fashell’s personal Journal. I knew he knew how to read and write, for he taught me mostly as mother was far to busy to do it herself. I glanced over it. Most of it was nothing; some of it was only precious to him, thoughts, ideas... I put it to the side at first, looking at what else lay in that drawer, not much again, mostly bits and bobs that he had collected when his mind had left him; cat whiskers, a spider’s egg sack that never hatched, a pretty piece of pink glass from a shattered goblet (I think I might have thrown it at him in a fit a few seasons prior), scraps of paper with scribbles of gibberish, a large tooth from some local ork, some dried flowers that were old enough to fall apart as a touch, a gem necklace with a Serpent charm… I remembered I had asked him to polish it seasons ago… but something in me pulled me back to the Journal. I opened it again and looked threw its pages… then I got to the end. In the back cover, I didn’t notice it at first; a secret pocket had been sewn. Carefully I pulled each stitch out until it revealed its secrets. Inside was a contract… a Blood contract… in code, not the Serpent’s code, in fact it was a code I had never seen before, but I recognized two things… two names… the first was Thorne… some Falcon apparently… but then I saw another name… a name I knew…
Yaseri….
"Some men see things that are that ask 'why'. I see things that never were and ask 'why not'?"
Bards-Tale

Postby alexanderthesoso » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:44 am

((dun dun dunnnnnnnn))
alexanderthesoso

Postby Bards-Tale » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:09 pm

alexanderthesoso wrote:((dun dun dunnnnnnnn))

(( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw You have no idea... but don't want any spoilers, that would take away the fun ;) ))
"Some men see things that are that ask 'why'. I see things that never were and ask 'why not'?"
Bards-Tale

Postby Bards-Tale » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:43 pm

The days are blending together… I wait for the invitation for the next Althua to know where we are at in the current season.
I am haunted by the Blood Contract I found of my Grandmother’s. Every time I look at it parts of it seem to blur. I can’t read the whole line of where she signed her name… but there are three names there. I can read Yaseri, but there is also a part for a secret name. This strikes me very odd as ‘She’ has no public name and only goes by Yaseri. She is keeping the knowledge on this paper hidden from me until I am ready and until ‘She’ is in need of me to know it. However… there is another name… again, part is blurred to me, but I can still make out the last name… Thorne…
I started actually reading Fashell’s journal. He worked with ‘Her’ more then I ever knew. Some of the things he talks about makes no sense to me and are in Riddles. One of these riddles strikes me at the heart because of the contract. It is a poem, a small, whimsical poem that if I had not found the secret pocket would be no concern of mine… but that would have only been if I had never found the pocket... it reads:

Through the Winter’s snow the crimson rose did live
Its thorns grew strong though close to sleep
A single bud it had to give
Though Mother’s tears it did weep

…I find this poem odd… I find it intriguing… I find it hitting my heart like a memory that I have forgotten; a bed time story perhaps from when Fashell tucked me in as a child?
She tells me to forget about it for now, that there will be a time and place for all of it, but for now I must go back to work. I must go back to the Journal. I need to complete Lixon Vrentae. I need to complete the poison made from the thorns; Alta Sutha “Thank You for Death’s Little Kisses”.
Bards-Tale

Postby Bards-Tale » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:13 pm

The Day after returning from the Winter Althua, year 3

He said there would be a price for the contract.
He said that it would not be much.
He didn't say it would be SO NOTICABLE!
There is a painting in the hall way leading up to 'Her' quarters. It is in her Winter days. 'She' is elegant, her face long and thin, 'She' wears her robes of midnight blue... the robes she tells me to dawn now at the Althua's. I never really thought I looked much like my Grandmother. The only thing I carried of 'Her's was 'Her' pale skin. Until now. That painting in the hall. Now I also bare one of her signs of Solace...the sign that is depicted in that painting... because of that contract... my hair has turned as white as the Winter's snow. I do not know what to think about this. People will ask. I should not lie, but I can not tell all in the same. What will I say. Sa'lee will be returning to my castle I suppose soon. I begin to worry as he was not at the last Althua. I do hope that damn flower isn't seasonal. I hope he still recognizes me and does not take me for a common servant... the thought makes me shiver... especially now that all has changed so much.
One little party, from a Baron I am not even very familiar with... a Baron that put a price on the head of a Fortune Teller. This was not me he was after, but still, it left a bad taste in my mouth. I might have been better off if I had just stayed home and worked. I still have so much work to do... especially now that all has changed so much...
My Lady Calista... how could she do that to me? It is not like she betrayed me, in fact I really should not expect any less. I just don't understand why it had to be ME and why it had to be HIM! I have received my reward for the deed in Blood I did that night. I am now a Countess. Countess Suseri Mrww. It sounds so weird. Rank and power never held much to my heart but now that it is there it feels.... right....
I don't even know if HE will recognize me now either... I can hear it now. Or maybe I can't. I think he takes joy in seeing me upset. He will probably tease me over it too... My husband, my new husband, my second husband, Ardon Yvarai. Just even writing it makes me ill. I know it is just business, but some business is more pleasant then other. Grandmother likes him, but I think it is for a more advanced plan then I could even think. The only comfort I have is that knowing that I will not have to be with him long. The curse is still in power. The curse that has been part of my family since Yaseri hid our family away from the world. The curse of the Husbands of the Women of Mrww. To have 3 husbands, all of which will die, then to have a 4th that will give you a daughter to carry on the line. I have had one husband myself... Treston Steele... he died only a season after we were married. He never even moved into my castle or me to his. Actually I only remember meeting him once to sign the contract. Fashell brought him to me. He was handsome, quiet, tall, and poor. He could have never married much more then myself and still be on top. I knew he wanted to use me. Little did he know I wanted to use him. One step on the ladder till I can have a daughter of my own. And now Ardon. I don't know how long it will take, I don't know how long I will be married to him. I do know that it is recorded that the longest a husband has lasted is a Life's Season, so at worst I will just be coming up on my Autumn when he is gone. That would not give me much time but I could work fast. Just a Life season.
Part of the contract is to 'Live' at the Hall of Passion...another thought that is hard to bare... I am sending over 'my things' and will be 'visiting' my own castle for extended periods of time. I am sending a Pillow from my bed, a Book of mine that has some of the work I need to do, and one of the houses cats... one of the feral cats... to make it feel more like home.
Because Ardon married me he is now a Count. Countess Suseri Mrww and Count Ardon Yvarai...it doesn't even look good on paper. But business is business, even if it is unpleasant.
It is not the only contract I signed that night. I also signed the one that gave me my new hair. Calaban's contract. The Wizard's Contract. It gave me my new hair... it gave me a new name... it gave me protection to do the craft that 'She' has faught so long to keep in public eye... Blood Magic.
Part of me is scared going into such a promise, part of me is excited that things might turn around for us Serpents soon. We will see.
In the mean time I have finished Lixon Vrentae and Alta Sutha. I have not had a chance to make either one as I am waiting for Sa'lee's return, but I know how now.
The trick with Lixon Verentae is in the way the magic is made. That last component. You have the nectar from Shaetel've, you have the Blood from the one whom you want the target of the tonic to go after (for either side of the Red Spirit), and you have the last element... a freshly bloomed Red Rose. The trick is in the way you make it. If in doing the magic you stir with the petal side of the rose you will bring on Romance. If you stir with the thorn side of the Rose you will bring on Revenge. The Red Spirit gets called either way. The Burning. The Obsession. I can see how such a tonic would be appealing to give to your enemy. I can see how such Blood Magic would be appealing to cast on your enemy. Sa'lee is to bring me the other two components, the nectar and the Blood, I can find a rose when he returns. I do not know who the Blood will be from. Really, in truth, I do not care. We will see if it works.
Alta Sutha is what happens when a Poison and a Narcotic are brought together. You are addicted to it, and it kills you slowly. It takes the toxin from the thorns of Shaetel've, it takes a lot of Spices to cover up the bitter taste, it takes herbs that are found in the most common of drugs, and it takes a victim. I think Sa'lee will like it when he returns. It will make a fine thank you for bringing me the ingredients... it will make a fine penance for not telling him everything I knew.
So much happened at one little party... so much has come from one little event...so much changed...
Last edited by Bards-Tale on Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bards-Tale

Postby Bards-Tale » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:15 pm

((BTW, all the rule-bits for either of the new potions are available as well... I just don't feel like typing them out right now so I will do so when someone requests them :lol: ))
Bards-Tale

Postby alexanderthesoso » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:38 am

(woo! that shall be interesting. )
alexanderthesoso

Postby Aban the White Stag » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:33 pm

(( Hey, I'll pay a Style for the Hall of Passion to have a huge Garden of Red Roses))
Aban the White Stag

Postby Bards-Tale » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:43 pm

Aban the White Stag wrote:(( Hey, I'll pay a Style for the Hall of Passion to have a huge Garden of Red Roses))

((Deal... and I give another to say they are ALWAYS in bloom, no matter the season :D ))
Bards-Tale

Postby Bards-Tale » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:59 pm

Aban the White Stag wrote:(( Hey, I'll pay a Style for the Hall of Passion to have a huge Garden of Red Roses))

((BTW, the Hall's are your Castle... what are three truths about it??? ))
Bards-Tale

PreviousNext

Return to Blood & Tears - In Character